fatkid

fatkid

Friday, July 8, 2011

Blog post for the sake of a blog post

Hello blog. It's been a long time. Clearly, I have been a shitty blogger. I don't even know if I even qualify as a "blogger" anymore, but I'm willing to at least put forth a little more effort than I have in the past few months. 


What follows really isn't even a good blog post, honestly. I probably prepared these pics over a month ago, wanted to blog about it, but the dish kind of sucked so I moved on with my life. And here I am now telling you about a dish that kind of sucks. At least it looks good.


I wanted to do something with scallops, over a salad of watercress, orange, fennel, crushed pistachios and a pomegranate vinaigrette. Sounds pretty damn good right?   







Eh.


It just didn't work out. I couldn't really get the vinaigrette to come together like I wanted. I also left the fennel raw, which was kind of a bad idea. I had these big slices of raw fennel all over the place that really didn't add a nice texture to the plate and on was little on the bitter side. Should have roasted it. 


At least it's pretty. And the scallops themselves were off the chain. 







I swear I can cook some form of interesting/healthy food. I will try again. It's hard not using any butter. 


Or bacon.


Which is probably what this dish was missing.


Problem solved.


- Fat Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment