fatkid

fatkid

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Burger Party

As America continues to get fat, the District continues to participate in the ever growing waist-size-expansion by providing us with a plethora of opportunities to consume our nation's greatest contribution to the food world: the burger.

 I'm not complaining.


DC is now home to several burger joints, offering beef-bun-cheese happiness from Capitol Hill to K Street. With this many burger options, it has become clear that I begin a personal Fat Kid mission to taste each and every one of them, with all cholesterol-raising/possible-heart-attack-issues aside.  


We begin with Bobby's Burger Palace.



Pictures courtesy of thankyouverymuchIstolethem

Super-uber-duber chef Bobby Flay has landed in DC with an opening of his latest  burger/shake concept. I have to admit, when I first really started getting into food, I thought this red head freckly-fucker was the second coming of food-Christ. 




Not that he can't cook, but I guess I just got tired of hearing him talk about chipotles and seeing him hang out with bros that look like this. 




Anyways, let's talk about the damn burger. While he offers specialty burgers served with ingredients from their respective American locations, I kept it very simple by going with the "Crunch-burger," topped with double American cheese, pickles, and potato chips. I drizzled on some of his signature "burger sauce" and holyfuckingshit.




This is a good burger. I mean, really good. You can't go wrong with the basic ingredients, as the beef was perfectly seasoned and cooked to a medium-rare, while the chips added a salty crunch, rounded out with the acid of the pickles and the smokiness of the sauce. I wanted/could have eaten maybe like two more, but I needed to make room for the fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, and malted vanilla/chocolate shake.   

Gross. Did I eat all of this? No I had friends with me. My friends sampled some of the other burger offerings, including:
  • The Dallas Burger - Spice Crusted/Coleslaw/Monterey Jack/ BBQ Sauce/Pickles
  • The Santa Fe Burger - QuesoSauce/PickledJalapenos/BlueCornChips
  • The L.A. Burger - Avocado Relish/Watercress/Cheddar Cheese/Tomato
There were smiles and pleasant groans all around. I could call this the best burger in DC, but that wouldn't be very fair nor accurate, as I have many more to try. 

Next on the list: Shake Shack.

- Fat Kid

1 comment:


  1. Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task.kid Adventure

    ReplyDelete